Air Traffic Control Site Manager
||Air Traffic Control Site Manager
|| Ellington Airport, Houston, TX
||November 18, 2013
Description: Dynamic Science, Inc., offers engineering, technical, and aviation services support to a variety of U.S. government agencies, local governments, and private corporations. As the original of Exodyne's three subsidiaries, DSI's history of service to its customers is unparalleled.
Manages Ellington Field at Houston, TX. Provides liaison on matters pertaining to air traffic control (ATC) and airspace issues with local commanders and officers, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), adjacent air traffic facilities and other interested parties. Manages the safe and expeditious flow of air traffic within the Ellington Field restricted airspace and other areas as required. Complies with duty requirements of FAAO 7110.65, AFI 13-203 and other regulations pertaining to safety of flight and airfield operations.
- Must possess tecnical and managerial experience in ATC operations
- Must be capable of multitasking and organizing thoughts and decisive actions in rapid succession
- Represents Ellington Field as member of various boards and committees as required
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate in English in both verbal and written formats
- Professional demeanor and proactive customer relations are paramount
- The ability to communicate effectively with military and civilian leadership, adjacent facilities, an dthe flying community is a key attribute
- Must be able to interpret Air Force Instructions, use good judgment and common sense in the performance of ATC operations
- Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Punctuality is required.
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must possess a Control Tower Operators (CTO) certificate or CTO Certificate of Grades and an Air Traffic Control Specialist (ATCS) certificate
- Minimum of 5 years of exerience in ATC experience managing a DoD or FAA ATC facility
- Must be able to obtain an FAA Class II medical clearance
- Must hold or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Must be able to receive and disseminate weather information according to military and National Weather Service standards
- Must have working knowledge of crash phone operations and understanding of steps required during an accident or incident in or around the air operations environment
- Must understand MEDEVAC routing requests and procedures
- Must have a working knowledge of:
- FAA ATC procedures
- Flight planning and Notice to Airman (NOTAM) system
- Ground-to-air communication systems
- Flight-following system
- Must be familiar with a variety of ATC equipment and perform daily functionality checks to ensure workability
- Must have working knowledge of ATC recorder operations
- Must be capable of developing, implementing and maintaining an ATC training program
- Must be able to lead classroom training, supervise self-study, evaluate personnel capabilities and recommend trainees for facility rating.
- Must be able to develop and implement a work schedule
- Must be able to work alone or with others
- Must possess administrative skills such as keyboarding/typing, filing, answer telephones, maintaining records and creating documents
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Please e-mail or fax your résumé to:
Jeffery Byman (click to e-mail)
No phone calls, please.
Dynamic Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, Vietnam-era or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.