||Carville Job Corps Center, Carville, Louisiana
||May 15, 2013
Responsible for providing proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program. This position requires a person who is available to work various shifts.
A Residential Advisor is responsible for the following:
- Directing dorm activities as designated.
- Patroling and monitoring dormitories and center as required, ensuring safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
- Assisting with recreational activities for students on and off center as required.
- Transporting students when necessary.
- Preparing the daily operations report, pass list, and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
- Directing and assisting students in the cleanup of the dormitory and teaching self-management skills.
- Recommending or requisitioning supplies to meet the needs of dorm living and ensuring the safety of students.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent; associate's degree in behavioral sciences preferred
At least two years of related experience in counseling, social work, rehabilitation, vocational guidance, or working with youth
- Valid Louisiana driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Available to work various shifts
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
Please fax or e-mail your résumé with salary history and cover letter to:
JoAnn York (e-mail)
No phone calls, please.
DESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.