Educational Recruiter (Advisor)
||Educational Recruiter (Advisor)
||April 9, 2012
Functions as the central focus of services to job-seeker and referred customers. Provides eligibility determination and group orientation and assessment. Orients, interviews, and counsels customers. Recommends most appropriate training/non-training program for each customer. Provides career counseling, job development, and placement assistance to personal caseload of participants.
- Coordinates job-seeker flow.
- Screens job-seeker training program candidates to determine suitability for program and likelihood of successful placement
- Maintains files for all applicants in conjunction with customer-required documentation.
- Informs eligible applicants on advantages of participating in training programs.
- Conducts and prepares eligibility forms.
- Conducts initial interviews to provide prescreening and suitability programs.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions.
- Prepares Individualized Employment Plan (IEP) in order to discuss realistic short- and/or long-term goal(s) with clients
- Implements client management system to successfully route participants through various stages, resulting in the completion of IEP goals as applicable.
- Develops applicant records and maintains applicants' files with up-to-date information.
- Follows up on IEP no-show appointments
- Conducts group orientation sessions for customers to explain One-Stop resources, training, contents, and rationale for assessment.
- Implements marketing/job placement plans.
- Initiates sales and public relations activity required to place job seekers in training or into full-time employment. Contacts employment sources and maintains records
- Identifies new community contacts and ideas for publicizing the program
- Three years of related experience in education, counseling, workforce programs, social services, or related field
- Experience conducting case management services in a educational or human service capacity
- Able to accept and adapt to constant change with a positive attitude
- Knowledge of computers and software (technically savvy)
- Able to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
Please e-mail or fax your résumé and salary history to:
Matt Gang (e-mail)
No phone calls, please.
DESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.